Making the Case for Civic Science
- Ottinger, Gwen. Constructing Empowerment Through Interpretations of Environmental Surveillance Data.
- Boyte, Harry. Civic Agency and the Cult of the Expert.
- Harding, Sandra. Should Philosophies of Science Encode Democratic Ideals?
- Jasanoff, Sheila. Science and citizenship: a new synergy.
- Bäckstrand, Karin. Civic Science for Sustainability: Reframing the Role of Experts, Policy-Makers and Citizens in Environmental Governance.
- Spencer, J.P. Reflections of a Civic Scientist.
How Professionals Catalyze Civic Science and Public Work
- Peters, Scott. Storying and Restoring the Land-Grant System.
- Peters, Scott. Review of Andrew Jewett’s, “Science, Democracy, and the American University: From the Civil War to the Cold War.”
- Peters, Scott and Alter, Theodore. Civic Engagement across the Career Stages of Faculty Life: A Proposal for a New Line of Inquiry.
- Harkavy, Ira, Nancy Cantor, and Myra Burnett. Realizing STEM Equity and Diversity through Higher Education Community Engagement.